TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING THE ENTRY FORM TO PARTICIPATE IN “MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS“AS THEY CONTAIN BINDING LEGAL TERMS AND OBLIGATIONS INCLUDING LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF STAR MEDIA GROUP BERHAD’S (“Organiser”) LIABILITY. BY SUBMITTING THE ENTRY FORM, YOU ARE DEEMED TO UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN ITS ENTIRETY.
Your entry submission will be automatically disqualified if you fail to comply with any of the following Terms and Conditions and/or the Entry Requirements set forth in the Submission Pack.
Terms and Conditions:
- Participants have to fill up the “Application and Declaration Form” (“Entry Form”) online via MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS microsite at wwwxxx com.my from X Jan to 18 March 2022 (“Submission Period”). Incomplete Entry Form or Entry Form submitted not within the Submission Period will be automatically rejected.
- (2) If any information provided by a participant in the Entry Form is subsequently discovered to be fraudulent or false or if there is a material misstatement or omission, the said participant will be automatically disqualified. The same shall apply to any information given by winners whereby the award/prize awarded will be automatically revoked.
- (3) The judges’ decision is final. No appeal will be allowed and/or entertained. The participants shall not resort to court proceedings to review the judges’ decision.
- The Entry Form must be signed off by the duly authorised highest ranking officer of the participant.
- All submitted Entry Forms will not be returned and shall remain the property of the Organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use non-confidential information of the participants, video clips and the logos/brand names/trademarks provided by the participants/winners in all publications and collaterals related to MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS and/or the Organiser without further reference and/or payment to the participants.
- Subject to the Notice set forth in Clause XXX hereof, partners and/or sponsors of MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS may contact the participants/winners for marketing promotions and activities.
- Shortlisted participants may be contacted for media interviews.
- Winners of MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS will be announced on the night of the Gala Ceremony to be held in May 2022 or any other date as may be notified by the Organiser.
- In the event of any award/prize being unavailable for any reason, the Organiser has the right to substitute the award/prize with any other product of similar value. All awards/prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash or for any other prizes. All awards/prizes are given on an “As Is, Where Is” basis.
- By submitting the Entry Form, the participants acknowledge and agree that the Organiser excludes all warranty and/or liability in connection with the awarded prizes and/or MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS. Participants shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap, injury, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) resulting from their participation in MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS, redemption and/or usage of the awards/prizes. The Organiser shall not be held responsible for any liability, mishap, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) in any manner whatsoever suffered by the participants as a result of their participation in MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS and/or the use of the awarded prizes.
- PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING STATEMENT RELATING TO PARTICIPANTS (“Notice”) IN ACCORDANCE WITH PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT, 2010 (“PDPA”) AND PUBLICITY
(a) PDPA governs the processing of personal data submitted by the participants (“Personal Data”). This Notice issued to participants to inform that this is the basis upon which the processing of the Personal Data is done by the Organiser.
(b) Purpose: All information (including Personal Data) submitted by the participants for MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS shall belong to the Organiser and the participants irrevocably and unconditionally consent and permit the Organiser to use, publish or feature the participants’ and/or their pictures and/or videos (which may include their names, statements about MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS or any of its related matter) without further notice or compensation for publicity, advertising or any other related purposes in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to any of the Organiser’s publications, websites and/or any promotional materials connected to MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS.
(c) Transfer: The Personal Data will be kept confidential by the Organiser but the participants agree that for the purposes set out in Clause 14 (b) above, the Organiser may transfer or disclose such Personal Data to the following parties within or outside of Malaysia:
(i) Other partners or any participating partners which owe a duty of confidentiality to the Organiser
(ii) The Organiser’s agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to the Organizer providing administrative, telecommunications, data processing or other services to the Organiser in relation to MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS (such as but not limited to professional advisers, customer call centre providers, gift redemption centres or data entry companies);
(iii) Any affiliates that owe a duty of care to the Organiser;
(iv) Any law enforcement agency and/or regulatory body for compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or guidelines and/or any person or entity to whom the Organiser is under a binding obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, rule, regulations, code and/or guideline and/or order of any competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulatory bodies.
(d) Access: The participants have the right to request access to and to request correction of the relevant Personal Data. Nothing herein contained shall limit the rights of any participant under the PDPA.
- All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS or the awards/prizes not specified herein shall form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice and the amended terms and conditions will be uploaded onto www.xxx.com.my. Participants are highly encouraged to visit MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS website regularly to ensure that participants are aware of any amendments made by the Organiser. Participants continued usage of MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS’ website and/or participation in MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS after amendments are posted onto MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS’ website shall mean the participant agrees to be legally bound by these terms as amended.
- If MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, in such event, the Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS, as appropriate, without prior notice.
- While the Organiser will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS’ website and Submission Pack, the Organiser makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to such information, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any omissions or errors (including, without limitation, typographical errors and technical errors) in the content.
- Use of and browsing on MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS’ website and Submission Pack are done at the participants’ own risk. Neither the Organiser nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS’ website and Submission Pack, nor any naming right sponsors, event sponsors and third parties affiliated with the Organiser shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of the participants’ access to, or use of, or browsing MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS’ website and Submission Pack, or downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the website, including, without limitation, damage to, or viruses that may infect, their computer equipment or other property as a result thereof. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on FIABCI-STAR MALAYSIA DEVELOPER AWARDS’ website and Submission Pack is provided to the participants "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.